Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's warmer but I get sick...go figure!


Harmony and I traveled to LA this past week for a wedding, to see family and friends and to escape the cold! The high in ND was in the teens the week before we left. People asked me what the temprature was going to be in So Cal and I would just replied "at least 50 degrees warmer than here!" I always seem to get sick whenever I travel from cold weather to warm weather and this time was no different. My Mom had the stomach flu just before I got out there and so I somehow caught it a few days later. Other than being laid up for one of the days, the trip was really nice. Harmony's best friend got married this past Saturday. We got to spend some good time with family and friends and got to eat at most of our favorite spots (i.e. In-&-Out, Carl's Jr., the Loft and Busy Bee).


I had a busy week leading up to us going out of town. In addition to basketball practices everyday after school, I had to get Harmony to the airport on Thursday (she flew out early to help with wedding preparations), had basketball games on Friday and Saturday, spent quite a bit of time on the phone trying to fix our Tivo (which I ended up having to send in to get a new one...hopefully it'll come soon!), getting ready myself to leave Sunday afternoon, not to mention preparing for church on Sunday! God provided and everything got done. He is good!


I finished 1 Peter two Sundays ago and next week will start a series through Ezra. A friend asked if I had any insights into 1 Peter after preaching through it the past few months and the one issue that resurfaces is suffering and specifically how to suffer in a way that pleases God.


The JV team is 5-1 and varsity is 2-3 (both lost last night). I am enjoying getting to know the players, coaches and parents. I have always enjoyed basketball and for some time have wanted to coach youth so this is a great opportunity. It certainly keeps me busy. For our game a week ago Saturday, we left before 11am and didn't get back until 9pm! At least both squads won.


I'm sure there's a lot I'm leaving out from the past couple weeks but I think that's enough for now anyway. Pray for us getting back into the swing of things after our week off.


By God's Grace, Jeff

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BAH!!!! You got In-N-Out!!!! NOOOOO!!!! I'm aching for In-N-Out. It's like the crack addict who's been clean for 5 years, but smells a crack pipe! NO!!! I haven't had In-N-Out in well, 7 years. There's something out here like it, but it's in Colorado Springs. So, I don't get to it (not for about 4 years). But we'll be down there soon, so we'll see.

As for getting sick, I understand! Got sick myself this week shoveling snow! =)

By the way, who got married?

Glad to hear you all are doing well. Keep up the good work, my friend. And give us a call if you're ever coming down to Denver. I know they Ev Free Pastor Conferences are here like once a year or so. So, keep us posted. We're not far from Denver (I work in town)!

Anonymous said...

Risa got married to Roger Auger. You probably don't know him as they met after college. I will definitely let you know the next time we're in the Denver area. We will be flying through there frequently from Bismarck to LA so maybe we'll have to schedule a longer layover :)

Anonymous said...

I would like the world to know that I DID NOT GET IN-N-OUT while we were in L.A., specifically that Jeff went to In-N-Out without me while I was at the spa !!!!!

~Harmony