Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm MCd Out!

This past Saturday was the Underwood Harvest Fest. Thanks for everyone who prayed for our church's booth in which we gave away bottles of water and freeze pops. We actually ran out of water bottles and I think I saw every kid in town with a freeze pop! We also had some very good conversations with people who stopped by the booth and picked up some of our free literature about having a relationship with Jesus, growing as a Christian and about the church. However, I was so busy doing other things during the Harvest Fest that I didn't even get to man the booth! I co-MCd the parade with one of the other pastors (he did the play-by-play and I added the color commentary). I participated in the horse-shoe tournament for the second straight year...and didn't do much better but had a good time and met some new people. Then I was asked to also MC the Corn Pageant in the afternoon. By about 4:30, I was exhausted!

The beginning of August also marked us having been in Underwood for a year! It certainly hasn't seemed that long. We are still very much enjoying life in small town North Dakota and the church and community have continued to be warm and welcoming. Praise God!

On Sunday afternoon I played in a "backwards" golf tournament. We played the course in reverse teeing off on one hole and shooting to the green from the previous hole. We had a fun time and our team (myself, Pastor Dean, and another couple) ended up taking fourth!

On Sunday I preached on Matthew 11:1-19 as part of our year-long series through the Gospel. The main point of the sermon was the questions of whether we will believe our doubts or Jesus. We all have quetsions or desires for answers from God but will we allow those to derial our faith or will we persevere in trusting Christ in spite of our doubts and concerns. If you'd like to listen to this sermon, click here.

Thanks for everyone who has been praying for my growing as a leader. At our Elder meeting this past Sunday evening I certainly felt your prayers. Please continue to pray for me in this. Also pray for Harmony's trip back to CA this weekend and for me as she is away.

By God's Grace, Jeff.

No comments: