Thursday, August 21, 2008

Olympic Company

This past weekend (actually Thursday through Monday) my wife was in LA visiting family and friends but specifically to attend the wedding of a close friend. Thanks for all your prayers as God kept her safe during her time in LA as well as her travel there and back and she was able to have some good times with both family and friends.

I, on the other hand, did not realize how quiet it was going to be around the house without her present! Fortunately I had the Olympics to keep me company this weekend. And what a Summer Games it has been! From Phelps' eight gold metals to USA gymnastics to surprises in water polo and dominance (so far) in volleyball. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the 29th Olympiad (although it's made me want to visit China and pet a panda even more).

On Sunday I preached on Matthew 11:20-30 and the sermon was entitled "Jesus Afflicts the Comfortabe and Comforts the Afflicted." If you'd like to listen to it click here. Last Thursday the ministerial organization in town hosted an appreciation luncheon for the teachers and staff at school. We served burgers, brats, salads and bars (cookies) and were able to encourage and thank them for all they do, as they prepare for the new school year (started 8/20).

Please continue to pray for my growth as a leader, knowing when and how to speak, and for Harmony as she trains the woman she hired to help in the library over the next two weeks.

By God's Grace, Jeff

No comments: