Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Swinging Into Spring

This past Saturday my wife and I participated in Underwood's "Swing into Spring" event. This event was put together by one of our economic development organizations and included a free meal, info about upcoming economic development opportunities and Swing lessons and dancing. It was a ton of fun as many couples from the community came out for free food and to work on their dancing moves. My wife and I had taken a dance class at a community center a few years back and so it was a great refresher for us and opportunity to enjoy some social dancing. Now I know dancing is not for everyone but I can think of few activities as beneficial to marriages than dancing.

Well, if I had to describe this week in a nut-shell it would be "driving to Bismarck and back." We were in Bismarck for some part of five days this past week. Remember, Bismarck is 50 miles south of us, so we spent a lot of time on the road this past week. Our final trip to Bismarck was on Saturday to attend Child Evangelism's "Big Event Carnival". My wife and I help out with the Kids' Club here in Underwood and the regional director organized a huge gathering of families at the Bismarck Civic Center. There were three rows of carnival games hosted by various churches and ministries and the walls were lined with inflatable bounce house games. And they had about 2200 people in only four hours!

Elementary basketball is finally over for the year. It seemed like a shorter season that last year and even though I enjoyed working with the kids, I'm glad it's over. The sixth grade team (mostly fifth graders) only won one game but the fifth grade team (all fourth graders) won three times including their last game. I think this bodes well for the future of Underwood basketball.

By God's Grace, Jeff

No comments: