Thursday, September 24, 2009

First Trip to the Groomers


On Monday I took Lewis to the groomers for the first time. Suffice it to say that one of us came away wet and hairy and the other now has a clean, short coat! He's five months old and so you can imagine how much hair came off! Since it was his first time, I stuck around to help hold him in place while the groomer trimmed his hair, washed him, dried him and clipped his nails. As you can see from the picture, he came out looking much more silvery than before. I told my wife that he reminded me of suede (If I rub him one way he's black but the other and he's silver).

On Saturday my wife and I drove down to Bismarck for their annual Downtowners Street Fair. A bunch of local and out-of-town craft vendors and tons of food sellers descend into downtown Bismarck where they block off a few streets for this event. The weather was great and we were actually able to find a parking spot one block away (the only time it's ever hard to find a spot)! We didn't buy much but did enjoy strolling around, "window-shopping" and enjoying the day.

On Tuesday I went golfing in Washburn (our city town 15 minutes south) with Pastor Dean. Washburn has a very nice and well-kept course, even though it's only nine-holes. I had a coupon for half-priced and so was able to golf nine holes with a cart for $14 (beat that you city folk!). It was a bit chilly and more windy than I'd anticipated but if I used those as excuses for how I played I'd be lying. I haven't been hitting the ball well the past couple times out. Hopefully my game will improve in a few weeks when we visit our family and friends in LA and my Dad and I hit the links (probably at least a couple times).

We had our third community group meeting last night and we finally finished going through the opening chapter from Pastor C.J. Mahaney book "Why Small Groups?" talking about the biblical principles and goals that should govern why and how we pursue small group ministry. Also, we discussed for a second week putting on a Community Carnival on October 31st. Nothing like this exists anywheree around and I believe this could be a great opportuinity to serve and love our community (and especially in giving families something fun and kid-friendly to do). Please pray for us as we contiunue to plan for this event.

By God's Grace, Jeff

No comments: