Monday, October 26, 2009

Coaching Carousel

While we were vacationing in LA, I got a call from the high school basketball coach asking me if I'd be interested in taking over as the assistant coach this year. And after praying, thinking and discussing it with my wife, I've decided to accept (even though I'll miss a couple games while we're at the Winter Games in Vancouver). You may recall that two years ago I was the second assistant (when we had a large enough team) and this past year I coached the junior high boys team (in addition to coaching elementary boys basketball the past two years). I'm looking forward to working with the high school guys again and especially as many of the junior highers from last year are now high schoolers. Practice starts after Thanksgiving and the first game is December 11th.

Our Church's Community Carnival is this coming Saturday (Halloween). I'm really excited about this event and am appreciative to all of the people in our church that have been diligent planning and praying for it. I have heard nothing but excitement from people in the community so I think it has the potential to have a big turnout. I guess my only concern is that parent's may keep their kids home due to it being flu season and especially with the H1N1 strain this year. To my knowledge no one in our area has been diagnosed with H1N1 but I know a number of the kids in town have been hit with the flu over the last couple weeks. So please pray that we could have good attendance, that all of the details would work out and that we'd show love to our town.

By God's Grace, Jeff

No comments: