Monday, October 26, 2009

Vacation Recap

Sorry that I haven't posted anything in a couple weeks. My wife and I were on vacation for a week and then I had to hit the ground running once we returned. But now that it's Monday (my day off) I have time to catch you up on our lives. Two weeks ago today we dropped our puppy off at a kennel in Bismarck and drove out to Fargo to catch a flight to LA the following day. In Fargo we were able to catch the Toy Story 3D Double Feature. I still maintain that Toy Story is the best animated movie ever (and it was even better in 3D).

We had a great time visiting family and friends in LA even though it was rainy our first couple days in town. I've been telling people that if I wanted to not golf, I could have stayed in North Dakota! But the weather cleared up and I was able to get plenty of golf in, which was a good thing since I probably won't be able to golf in ND for the next six months! By the end of the week I was playing some of my best golf ever, due in large part to some tips that I picked up from my Dad via his golf instructor. I even played night golf with a few friends while my wife was at her 10 year high school reunion.

And really that was the main reason that we traveled to LA this particular week. My wife and her best friend from high school attended their 10 year reunion. I would have gone along but the tickets were way too expensive. She had a fun time reconnecting with classmates that she had not seen in years. I expected her to win the "traveled farthest" award but apparently another classmate now lives in Canada (which really isn't much farther that North Dakota!)

In addition to golf and the reunion, we got to hang out with both of our families, spend time with my parent's two new dogs (a Portuguese water-dog and Cocker/Climber Spaniel) and reconnected with old friends. It was a very good trip but pretty busy. We flew back to Fargo Tuesday morning and picked up Lewis on our way through Bismarck. He was very happy to see us and doesn't seem too worse for where after being in the kennel for a eight days.

By God's Grace, Jeff

No comments: