Friday, September 21, 2007

Top Ten "Guy" Movies over the past 25 years

Here's my list of the top ten "guy" movies over the past 25 years. Why the past quarter century? I haven't been around much longer, it's a round number and I don't care for too many movies pre-1980. Let me know what you think about these or ones I may have missed.

10. Saving Private Ryan (1998) - Directed by Spielberg and with arguably the best cast ever assembled (Hanks, Damon, Diesel, Ribisi, Giamatti, Sizemore, Pepper, Farina...)

9. The Karate Kid (1984) - He beats the bad guys and gets the girl, 'nuff said.

8. Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly: "Wait a minute, Doc. Ah...Are you telling me you built a time machine...out of a DeLorean?" Dr. Emmett Brown: "The way I see it, if you're going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?"

7. Gladiator (2000) - "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

6. The Last Samurai (2003) - Best Tom Cruise movie ever (not that that's saying much)

5. Braveheart (1995) - If you're a guy and don't own this...

4. Rudy (1993) - I admit it...I cry everytime they start chanting "Rudy...Rudy"

3. O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000) - Too many memorable quotes to count, e.g. "Well ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!" and "Well, ain't is a small world, spiritually speaking. Peter and Delmar just been baptized and saved. I guess I'm the only one that remains uaffiliated."

2. Good Will Hunting (1997) - Put Damon and Afflack on the map...at least one's remained there.

1. Forrest Gump (1994) - What can I say, Tom Hanks is the man!

No comments: