Monday, October 20, 2008

There's a little Cowboy in Everyone


Knock, knock...yah...see there's a little cowboy in everyone (If you did it right you should have said "yah who"). This was just one of the fun moments we had on Friday afternoon as we helped a family from church vaccinate and weigh their calves. Harmony filled syringes while I worked the gate. They picked a great day to work cattle as it was sunny and in the mid-50s. We had a great time but were certainly exhausted afterwards.


Saturday we had a really nice day (for this time of year in ND) and so I took advantage by getting in what may have been my last 18-holes until May (though I may get in some golf when we visit our family in LA). Then on Saturday night my wife hosted a teen night at the library. About 20 junior and senior high kids showed up for a night of video games and volleyball (among other activities). They seemed to have a great time and certainly want to do it again. I even rehashed my coffee-making skills by using our expresso machine to make decaf mochas. But I think the highlight was my singing of "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi (a.k.a. the theme song for the TV show "Deadliest Catch") on Playstation's "Rockstar" game.


What does a Pastor do all week especially if he doesn't have to preach on Sunday? Well, I found out this week as Troy Shirley who works with Campus Crusade in North Dakota visited our church and gave the morning message. It gave me extra time this past week to do some other things in ministry that I'm not usually able to get to, including planning for our upcoming elder board vision retreats. Also on Sunday the congregation thanked my wife and I for our service to the church and gave us a gift as October is Pastor appreciation month. We feel very appreciated here! And if you haven't thanked your pastor yet, it's not too late.


By God's Grace, Jeff

No comments: